Sunday, July 27, 2008

OK, so I have been a little busy....

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said "Hey, you need to update your blog!" I was shocked...I didn't think anyone ever even read it. I am kinda stoked that people read my thoughts. I started this because I wanted a place to vent my mind...now I will keep it up to keep people updated on our lives. if you are reading this....thank you.

So for the last few months I have running around like a crazy person. It would a really long post if I told you all that has happened...so like The Princess Brides says...Let me explain...no, not enough time...let me sum up.

Josh and Tyler were selected to be on the same 13-14 yr. olds Academy Little League All-Star team. This was very special to have brothers on the same team. It was their goal from the beginning of the season and one of the reasons Josh came back to Academy and left his competitive team. It was a very fun experience and the boys did well. Unfortunately it ended sooner than we had hoped when we were second in districts and did not move on to State. Oh well, were given cool stuff like new bags, hats, jackets, and fun items. The whole team was a blast and it will be a time they will never forget. As you can imagine, I was the co-team mom and that made me quite busy. I know I can say no and not sign up for all this, but being the slightly controlling type, I want it done right. So.....I volunteer for more than I should at times. shocker, I know. AT THE SAME TIME......

I was planning my grandpa's 90th birthday/family reunion at my house for 45 people!!! yes, that's right invitations, catering, shopping, cleaning, organizing, planning, and keeping track of it all during all-stars. It is a good thing I didn't have a job at the time as it took a ton of work. In the end, it was such a blast. I really enjoyed having all my cousins, aunts, uncles, my brother and his family, parents, etc. all here to celebrate my Grandpa. We went to the Flying W Ranch one night and had a blast. That is why I am in a cowboy hat in the picture above. If you live in the spings, you need to go there and experience the food, festivities, and fun.

Now that all the excitement is over, it is time to start thinking seriously about a job and the fall. I need a job. I know that sounds simple enough, but it's not. I have not had a real job in 14 years. It's kinda hard to convince people you are going to be a good employee when you have no proof. We'll see what God has up His sleeve on this one.

Well, that's the update for now...going to bed. I will work on keeping this updated more often. Feel free to leave comments (nice ones).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love your blog & it's fun to hear your family news. What a memory you have created for your
Grandpa and your family ~ well done.
Thanks for helping to make Kelly & Jeff's engagement a wonderful
life-time memory, too.
We love you all,
Lance & Maureen