Thursday, October 31, 2013

i just wonder....

I am a quiet driver.  I don't usually talk in the car.  I don't mean to be rude or anything, my mind just goes crazy and I end up in deep thought.  I think about all kinds of things, my kids, dreams, Jesus, grocery store needs, shoes, movies, God, politics, laundry....whatever and where ever my mind takes me.  It's relaxing and I love it.  Often I think, "I should blog about my thoughts, I have some really profound thoughts".  But then a sneaky negative one comes climbing in my mind... "does anyone care what I think?"  It's a good question, especially if I am wanting to write more but not one you should ask if you are looking for value in society.   It's bad if I am going to weigh my importance on how many people read this blog or share it.  They are my thoughts and should be valued by me no matter what.   I don't want to change how I feel about myself based solely on someone thinking I am pithy, or funny, or deep, or whatever.  Blogs are a great resource to get what is in your head and heart onto paper (or pages).  They are entertaining, informative, encouraging, and educational but I have heard of people who change, not in a maturing, I'm expanding my mind way, but in a "I am super important because I have random thoughts" or "I don't matter to the world because no one comments on my blog page" way.  It's too much.  I don't want to change to please readers.  So here I am, blogging my thoughts, knowing that probably 5-10 people will ever read them and probably will think I've lost my mind.  It's fine.  I like my thoughts.


No comments: