Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

ok so it's been a little while since my last post. After the shootings, I just took some time to enjoy life and not write. Since the last post, a few things have happened. First, the memorial service for the girls who were killed. It was a very nice service. the best friends of each girl spoke along with their father. That was amazing. He had such grace. I have been around parents who have lost their children and every time, God has given them a grace that is beyond words. I know God promises that, but when you see it in action, it brings it home. I think, I would be in a hump of tears and sorrow, but then when I see what these parents can do, I know my God would be by my side with a strength and peace that would get me through. It is nothing less than miraculous. I was honored to be a part of the choir that sang in the service. I was sick, but felt I needed to be there, to support, to worship, to morn with the family. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. It was a testimony to who God is, and who we are as a family in Christ.

Second, Christmas Eve.....what a blast. Mike, myself, and the boys all were in the service. I was in the choir and then joined them for the nativity scene. How much fun it was to be dressed up in shepherds clothes and walk out on stage together, worshiping our Lord.
After the two services we decided we wanted to eat and then go to the movies. We drove down towards the theatre looking for a place that was open. Each place was given a rating based on whether or not it was depressing to go there for Christmas Eve dinner. The winner??? Del Taco. We decided it was fun to eat there and NOT depressing. Through the drive-up window we went and took our bags into the theatre to see National Treasure 2 and eat Del Taco. It was really a fun night. With no family in town, we just spent it together the way we wanted. It will definately go down in the books as one of the best. (The movie is good too!)

Christmas Day was a fun day as well. The boys woke us up at 7:00am and we just opened our presents in our jammies. A couple of friends came over a little later and we just hung out playing games and eating. Tom and Joyce (Mike's parents) are here now. We just are playing games and going to the movies......so glad they are here.

No comments: