Monday, April 29, 2013

LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN…..

Many of you don't know me, but my name is Denise and live in Colorado Springs, Colorado and I am a Producer.  For the past 5 years I have been involved with a ministry called The Thorn.  It is a live stage production that shows the passion of Jesus through aerial arts, pyrotechnics, martial arts, dance, and many special effects.  Over 50,000 people come to see the Thorn each year.  Watch the video to hear more about who we are. 

It is an honor to be able to be a producer for this production. It is a fantastic ministry.  Until now it had been a Jan-April commitment.  We are a ministry and do not have the finances to keep our staff year around.  In the meantime, I have been on staff at New Life Church in the creative department.  New Life has been amazing allowing me to be a part of Thorn while working for them full time.  I am eternally grateful for their love and support.

Two weeks ago while sitting in service at New Life Church God began to speak to me about my future.  As I sat there overwhelmed by God's love and grace, I realized He was asking me to trust Him and leave my job at New Life.  It has been my community and security.  After arguing with God for longer than I should have, I told Him I would trust Him and obey.  Without knowing what the next step was, I found my boss and told him I was leaving my position at New Life. 

On Tuesday of that week while praying and seeking the Lord, He began to give me more insight as to one of the things he wanted me to do next.  He told me He wanted me to work on The Thorn year around and that He has plans for the ministry that couldn't be done during the normal 4 month season.  He said that I was to ask people to come along side me and partner with me to make this happen.  

What does that partnering look like?  First, prayer.  Praying for The Thorn, for our staff, performers, cast, the cities we are traveling to, those that will experience the performances, and for me.  Second, it means supporting me financially.  I will be raising support for my monthly expenses.  My family is unable to pay our bills on my husbands income alone.  We need you.  Would  you pray about how God wants to use you?  We need about $2500 a month.  That seems so overwhelming to me, until I break it down. It take only 25 people to give $100 a month, 50 people to give $50, or 100 people to give $25.  All funds are tax deductible and eternally beneficial.  :) Click HERE to support me. 

Don't have the resources for a monthly gift?  You can give annually, a 1 time gift, or anytime God puts it on your heart.  Everything is helpful and a blessing.  

What is the money going towards you ask?
1. We have 3 boys and 2 are in college starting in the fall.  Josh is at CSU Ft Collins and Tyler will be at Pikes Peak - $1800 a month.

2. With resigning at New Life, we are losing our benefits and that includes health insurance.  For our family of 5, health insurance, dental, vision, and fees - $700 a month.

Thank you for taking the time to read a bit of my story.  Would you like more updates?  Subscribe to this blog or to get more information on The Thorn, go to www.thethorn.net.  You are also welcome to email me at denise@thethorn.net.

God Bless!
Denise

Click HERE Donate via Credit/Debit. Use the drop down under designation and click Denise Rice.  
Checks can be sent to:
Thorn Productions
attn: Denise Rice
635 Elkton Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Please write Denise Rice in the memo. 

No comments: