Wednesday, October 24, 2007

CALIFORNIA FIRE RELIEF

North San Diego county is where I grew up. We moved there from Los Angeles when I was 3. I lived there (except when at college) until Mike and I got married. Esondido is my home town. I also lived and worked in Rancho Bernardo. The house I lived in in RB burned down. I have heard different reports about my other 2 houses. 1 of which my Dad built. It's horrible. I can't even begin to share all the stories. My mom lives there and the fire has been within a mile or so the entire time. My aunt, uncle, and cousins fled to her house only to be on watch in case they might have to leave there. They can't go outside as the air is unhealthy and eveything around them is burning. I was told that my high school has damage but was saved. I am so glad.

The point of telling you all of this, is that I want you to hear my heart and know that I want to do everything I can to help this area. When Katrina hit, I started a relief effort called Remember Mercy. God give it to me in a dream. I sold wrist bands inorder to raise money for the effort. This time I am not selling them. I am giving them away to anyone who makes a donation it this cause.

You can send a check to me by mail, email me an amount you want to donate and I'll send you a paypal invoice, or you can make a donation via the paypal site. Make all donations to Remember Mercy.

If you want the significance of the colors in the wristband, please email me and I will let you know. (it's a long story)

No comments: