Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fire Update

Now that the ash as settled, people are trying to put their lives back together. I am happy to report that only 1 of the houses I lived in was lost, but that does not dimish the tragedy of how many homes were lost. The local newspaper there has updated the list of homes destroyed or at least damaged. go to http://www.nctimes.com/fire2007/maps/homesmap.php and see for yourself. It is a LONG list. So sad. My Mom has been in real estate in Escondido for most of my life and now is in the postition to help those in need. Because of her contacts, she trying to help people who lost their homes find a place to rent until thier house can be rebuilt. It is a shift in her job responsiblities, but one worth the effort. If you know someone who has a home in the area that is vacant, and willing to rent it out, please post a comment and I will hook up all the right parties. Also, I am still collecting donations to help. Even if it pays one month of rent, it will help. every dime is valuable.

There is also a wonderful site that still gives updates on all the fires. It is where I got most of my information during the crisis. go to and-still-I-persist.com. It is awesome.

No comments: